Ever wonder what happens

When someone hits you in the leg with a weed whacker?

725 Ryobi going full speed.

Due to unbelievable restraint on my part, everyone was OK. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

Was any clothing protecting the leg?

Reply to
mike

Beat me to it.

I see park workers using weed whackers with guards removed.

You get what you deserve ;)

Reply to
Frank

Guard was on but alas no PPE (I was not the operator). The guard only protects the operator anyway. This was a front on "assault".

Reply to
gfretwell

I believe some people pay to get marks like that ;)

Reply to
Jules

Wrong body part.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Gracious, that looks painful. What did you do, for aftercare? Bunch of triple antibiotic with praxamine, and a fistful of ibuprophen?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What a pos, my Green machine would have at least cleaned the hairs off

Reply to
RBM

Did you make up some new cuss words? Not to worry. It will probably feel better once it quits hurting.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Yeah, I am watching roofers putting on a new roof on my neighbors house. It has a 12/12 roof and is very high, they are scurrying around wearing sneakers and one little ladder, no safety gear, no safety ropes and harnesses. I have been expecting one to slide off the roof any time, but so far they haven't had an accident. I do believe they are working contrary to local labor laws and contrary to the Workman's Compensation Act.

Reply to
EXT

BTDT, when the bump feeder fed out more line than I expected. Hit me again while I was flailing around looking for the swarm of bees I thought was attacking me. Thankfully, only an electric and not a gas, but still hurt like hell and drew blood. I can still just barely see the welts, several months later.

I wear long pants now, for the 2-3 times a year I bother to weed-whack.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

A runaway garget. I hope the operator was not "texting".

Reply to
Oren

Not to mention common sense. OSHA calls for strips called chicken boards. It's just a violation if you get caught, or someone goes to the hospital.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

a string trimmer with the guard on it is pretty much worthless for ANY kind of real production work. I will go with the boots and long jeans being a good idea.

Reply to
Steve Barker

i never have understood how those guys do that. I can't even walk up an

8/12 myself.
Reply to
Steve Barker

My stihl would have amputated the leg. Or at least needed stitches.

Reply to
Steve Barker

usually a little gumout carb cleaner and get on with the day would be the order for such a scratch.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Spider man (R) web shooters?

I built a shed, years ago. In my ignorance, made a nice

12/12 roof. You better believe I used boards nailed on!
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You got your MD under Obama?

Reply to