Ever wonder what happens

Page 1 of 2

When someone hits you in the leg with a weed whacker?
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/weedeater_vs_leg.jpg
725 Ryobi going full speed.
Due to unbelievable restraint on my part, everyone was OK. ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 6, 10:30 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Was any clothing protecting the leg?
Add pictures here
✖
mike wrote:

Beat me to it.
I see park workers using weed whackers with guards removed.
You get what you deserve ;)
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:10:38 -0400, Frank

Guard was on but alas no PPE (I was not the operator). The guard only protects the operator anyway. This was a front on "assault".
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:34:30 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

A runaway garget. I hope the operator was not "texting".
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah, I am watching roofers putting on a new roof on my neighbors house. It has a 12/12 roof and is very high, they are scurrying around wearing sneakers and one little ladder, no safety gear, no safety ropes and harnesses. I have been expecting one to slide off the roof any time, but so far they haven't had an accident. I do believe they are working contrary to local labor laws and contrary to the Workman's Compensation Act.
Add pictures here
✖

Not to mention common sense. OSHA calls for strips called chicken boards. It's just a violation if you get caught, or someone goes to the hospital.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖
EXT wrote:

i never have understood how those guys do that. I can't even walk up an 8/12 myself.
Add pictures here
✖
Spider man (R) web shooters?
I built a shed, years ago. In my ignorance, made a nice 12/12 roof. You better believe I used boards nailed on!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
EXT wrote:

They are relying on skill, experience, common sense, and ability.
Interestingly, the more the workers rely on these skill sets, the less you pay.
As for violations of labor law, etc., I think the plan is to swarm all over the project, get it done, and disappear before the bureacracy has a chance to take the complaint, fill out the forms, get approval from at least two levels of supervision, find a notary, assign an inspector, check out a vehicle, and stop off at the donut shop.
Add pictures here
✖
Frank wrote:

a string trimmer with the guard on it is pretty much worthless for ANY kind of real production work. I will go with the boots and long jeans being a good idea.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 13:30:30 -0400, gfretwell wrote:

I believe some people pay to get marks like that ;)
Add pictures here
✖
Wrong body part.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

usually a little gumout carb cleaner and get on with the day would be the order for such a scratch.
Add pictures here
✖
You got your MD under Obama?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Yes, it only hurts for the first ten minutes. But did someone really attack Mr. Fretwell?
Add pictures here
✖

No just an accident ... and nobody was texting.
Add pictures here
✖
Someone said here that they thought they were getting attacked by wasps. I got a thing that was 101 uses for WD 40. One of them was wasp stings. Haven't tried it yet, hope I don't have to. Last time was a couple of months ago, and three got me on my nekkid lower leg. If anyone DOES try this, keep us posted. Maybe it just makes you too slippery for any more to bite you.
I get all booted up and long panted before weed eating. I don't like all that stuff going into my socks, and having to wash my tennis shoes. I have a few pairs of permanently green socks, too.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖