Ever heard of this brand of home heating furnace?

Hello.

I just moved into a house and I'm trying to figure out how old the furnance is. It's in great shape and the tag says it was made by "SJC Corporation" out of Elyria, OH. I looked on the web and found nothing. Has anyone heard of this? Were they bought by another company?

Thanks.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Burke

Brian,

I have never heard of SJC but if you look at the manufacturers plate it should state so in either the serial number or the model number. It is usually in the serial number. They call it a date code and incorporate it into the serial number.

HTH

rik

Reply to
RikC

SJC is part of Tappan now. Sold to them in 79....if its older than that, its time for a replacement anyway.

If it means anything, SJC USED to own Janitrol. Sold that line to Goodman.

Reply to
CBHvac