enlarge hole in bottom of ceramic pot

I just purchased a large ceramic pot which has a 1/4 inch hole at the bottom.
I need to fit the pot over a 1 & 3/4 inch pipe to use in an outdoor fountain.
is there a tool that I can use to enlarge the existing hole to 1 1/4 inches? I have a 3/4 inch battery driven drill. can also use a direct power drill. I don't know whether I should use something like a bit that saws, a bit that files, a bit that drills, etc.
all replies, opinions, suggestions, etc. welcomed! Aaron in N. Hollywood

Large bullet grinding stone in a drill press. If it isn't big enough move the pot around the stone until you are done. A hand drill can work...but....

Having a partner spraying the stone/pot with water with a spray bottle will help keep down the dust and keep things running cooler...
You should also be able to get a large enough hole saw for ceramics (RemGrit is a brand, I think) which could be used with a drill press, or even a hand drill if you can find one with a 1/4" pilot bit.
-Tim

snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

Reduce the pipe feed?

To 1/4" OD ??
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

Rattail file.
On 22 Oct 2006 14:39:11 -0700, "Father Haskell"

Masonry bits will work too. Go slow and keep it wet with water for lubrication. A drill press is ideal.

Use a masonry bit and drill extra holes.
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:08:21 -0400, "Charles Schuler"

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 15:15:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

A diamond burr in a Dremel can work well.
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

I used a Dremel tool to drill a hole in the bottom of a teacup so I could use it for a small plant. Worked fine. Grinder-type bit with rounded tip. Check the user manual. Just took it slow and easy, not a valuable item.
On 22 Oct 2006 12:35:52 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net"

I have a hole-saw kit that would work. It comes with different sizes up to 2 1/2 in.
PROBLEM SOLVED. We used a large masonry bit which was not as large as the 1 and 3/4 in. size we desired and simply slowly went up & down the sides of the existing hole which enlarged the hole to the desired size. The entire process was well under 5 minutes.
We do appreciate the informative replies we received on the original post and thank all for them. Best, Aaron