Elk roofing shingles verus Certainteed or GAF?

Anyone have any recommendations on Elk roofing shingles (Prestique) versus Certainteed (Landmark) or GAA (Timberline)?
Thank you for your reply.
:) Anyone have any recommendations on Elk roofing shingles (Prestique) versus :) Certainteed (Landmark) or GAA (Timberline)? :) :) Been a long time since I roofed, but in early 80's the Elk products initially adhered better than the others, which was a plus in cooler weather months. You might try to find out if that is still the case today.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS
scribbled this interesting note:

They over did the adhesive because their shingles don't have much body to them. They didn't in the 1980s and they don't today. The "better" adhesive was needed because their shingles blew off at a much hight rate than their competition's products. To my mind, TAMKO makes shingles that are better than Certainteed, GAF, or Elk. Elk would be my last choice for shingles.
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:36:36 -0400, "Susan Thomas"

Avoid the Elk shingles.
Susan Thomas wrote:

look in google archives, search for prestique and email addy with ramblin.
: Anyone have any recommendations on Elk roofing shingles (Prestique) versus : Certainteed (Landmark) or GAA (Timberline)? : : Thank you for your reply. : :
I have one of those sample things from ELK sitting in my livingroom. Its been there about 6 weeks and the edges of the shingles are curling up. I won't be using Elk brand.