Electrical problem: no electricity in one circuit- help

Hi,

I bought a big air compressor. Plug into one of my outlet and it tripped the breaker. So I unplug and connect it to an outlet that also used for my washing machine. This time, no breaker was tripped (at least that's what I see from the panel.) But that whole circuit is now without electrcity. Could anyone help with possible cause and fix?

The house is 40 years old. The breakers and panel are all Zinsco.

Eric.

Reply to
Eric

That's not a good sign...

Make sure the breaker is seated. Zinsco breakers have a bad habit of coming loose from the buss.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Turn off the breaker and reset or replace it. Compressors can take 3-6 times pressured startup load

Reply to
m Ransley

Turn the breaker to the "off" position, then back on. Some breakers will trip, but not appear to be tripped.

It sounds like your compressor requires amperage than your circuits have available. Either that, or there is a short-circuit in the wiring.

Mr Fixit eh

Reply to
Steve Nekias

You are right on!

Since I cannot figure out, I finally called a technicain. And he just did what you said above. The brreaker actually got tipped but didn't appear like it should be. Thanks very much.

Hi all, Thanks for all your helps.

Eric.

Reply to
Eric