Electrical panel rewiring estimate

I'd first ask your local authority whether it's permissable, before worrying about whether it will work. It shouldn't save you more than a couple hours labor, and maybe $100 on the case, though, as long as the new box has entry holes in the same places.

Reply to
Goedjn

Sounds reasonable. A few years ago I replaced our 100 Amp late 60's Federal Pacific panel with a 200Amp SquareD Q0 panel. Even with the "free" labor (I did the work myself), the cost was about $500. A neighbor paid about double that to have it done. This was in central Ohio.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O'Donnell

It's still a hack job. Any electrician worth his salt can remove the old panel and replace it with a new one instead of gerry rigging an old panel. You should seriously consider finding another electrician. Retrofitting that old Wadsworth with Sq.D guts will NOT meet NEC. That $600 is probably about half the going rate.

Reply to
volts500

What part of NEC doesn't it meet, if you don't mind answering?

Reply to
FDR

Articles 110.2, 110.3(A)(1), 110.3(B)

Reply to