Electrical Outlet Help

We have an outlet that has come away from the wall. Well the faceplate and plug are. The two longer screws that hold the plug to the box seem to be stripped. Is there a way to fix this short of replacing the whole thing and fixing the wall?

Thanks, -Keith

Reply to
Keith Allington

I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but I had the same problem and simply used some dry-wall screws to secure the duplex fixture to the box. It's still working.

Larry.

Reply to
Larry Davick

Thanks Larry,

Use different screws.... That's one of those slap-my-head Doh! kind of answers. Just what I needed :)

Reply to
Keith Allington

One of the nifty blue plastic boxes? Just curious.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Hi Joe,

That's where my mind went to first, but I wanted to avoid all the work of swaping out the box and then fixing the wall ('cause I know I would damage the drywall) ;)

Thanks for the reply,

-Keith

Reply to
N K Allington

He means was it a plastic box that striped out.

I don't think using like a #6 sheet metal screw would be a problem either.

Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
Tony D.

a longer screw with a nut on it

Reply to
George Macomber

Keith:

KA> We have an outlet that has come away from the wall. Well the faceplate KA> and plug are. The two longer screws that hold the plug to the box KA> seem to be stripped. Is there a way to fix this short of replacing the KA> whole thing and fixing the wall?

Is it a metal box or plastic one? If a metal box need to get a self-tapping screw a hare larger than the original. If plastic a bit easier: should be able to get a self-tapping or sheet metal screw a hare larger than the original (think they're #6).

  • Then the manure hit the rotary air displacement unit.
Reply to
barry martin