Electric motor repair/replace?

I have a GE 1/2hp motor (Lead-R-Line model 5KH47HR1086) used on an evaporative cooler that has sealed bearings and a mounting "disk?" on each end. Is there any way to remove the mounts and repack or replace the bearings?
Sometimes you can flush the dried oil out with brake cleaner. And then drip on some zoom spout turbine oil, and buy some time that way.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
davidaugust wrote:

Sorry;
You really should just buy a replacement motor. It will give you about 10 years of service before needing replacement again.
--
Zyp

It gave better than that, but it seems a shame to get rid of it when 95% of it is still fine.

Price the replacement motor & price new bearings then decide if its worth the effort.
Sealed bearings typically are not designed to re-grease.
BTDT ...tried to "remove" seals, re-pack & re-seal. Result was not great. :(
One technique I've used with "success" is to pierce the seal (either metal or plastic) & inject grease with "needle" & syringe. Of course seal is now somewhat compromised but if the environment is not harsh it might work out
cheers Bob
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 04:22:46 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

I pretty much agree except, wrt auto batteries, they still sell plenty of non-sealed batteries. When the first no-maintenance batteries came out, they were sealed, but shortly after that the redesigned battery caps on the other batteries to make them look like the "no-maintenance" batteries. But they still come off, 3 cells at a time.
They are still designed the same inside, with the miniscus-indicating entry hole, so one can tell when the proper water level is reached, and they still do best with distilled water.
OTOH, if the battery does need water more than, my guess, once a year, it means it is charging too fast, at too high a voltage. And the charging voltage is no longer adjustable. A new or even junk alternator or whatever part includes the voltage regulator costs more than a new battery a year or two earlier, I think. I don't know because my batteries have lasted to their warranty age, or a little more, and I've been lethargic lately and never actually look inside my battery.

I had a similar problem, pay too much for a new motor, or find a good, reasonable motor repair place and get it fixed. With an appointment, they can fix it within a day and do it for cheap!

They know you will have to buy

I agree about the motor, but not the batteries. Mine have all lasted beyond the warranty perios with absolutly no maintenance at all. The on in my Buick is under the back seat and I've never even seen it. At seven yhears I had it replaced when winter was coming. Other factors aside from adding water will do them in. It was not that long ago that the battery with caps woudl not make three years. I like progress.
As for the faucets, I put a Moen in the kitchen 20+ years ago. The cartridge is guaranteed lifetime and they sent me a new one five years ago. I never got that long from the old washer types. If it goes again in 10 years, I'll call and get another. Good deal, eh?
On Monday, July 14, 2008 5:57:08 PM UTC-6, davidaugust wrote:

David, Did you every find out about replacing the bearings on this motor? I have the same problem. Seems like a great motor, especialy compared to what is available.
KLayton888 wrote, on Fri, 08 Aug 2014 13:49:26 -0700:

You can even buy them at auto parts stores.
On Friday, August 8, 2014 11:10:24 PM UTC-4, Clément Durand wrote:

if the motor can be disassembled, many motors are welded together and cant be taken apart;9