electric hot water temperature

Page 2 of 2
m Ransley wrote:

Yes that is different and commercial users have different problems. They get more complex.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Greetings,
Mystery Pathogen ================Since http://www.cashacme.com/watertemp.html is pretty clear preventing "Legionnaires' disease requires raising the temperature of water to at least 140F" and "the thermostat can be set with an accuracy of 5F (3C) at best" I assume we are talking about a different pathogen being killed at a temperature setting of 120F? A setting of 120 has the potential of keeping water in the tank a full 25F below the temperature necessary to prevent Legionnaires' disease? Does anyone have a link where I can learn about that pathogen(s)? I don't doubt they exist because respected individuals have said that they do but would love some more information.
Mystery Pathogen = Legionnaires' Disease? ================Is http://www.cashacme.com/watertemp.html wrong / misleading and only a setting of 120 F is necessary? Is Legionnaires' disease the mystery pathogen?
Thank you for your help, William