electric garage door stuck on manual......

Our power went out today so we disengaged the electric garage door (by pulling the emergency release cord) and opened and closed it manually........but now that the power is back on, we can't seem to "re-engage" it......before, we would just pull on the cord again (in the opposite direction) and we would be able to use the electric......???

Reply to
lark265

The one on mine disengages the lift from the screw. You have to push it back on to engage it again. Then, cycle the door up and down.

Reply to
professorpaul

IMHO:

First check your owner's manual.

Now this is how I engage mine again. I have a little arm, that points down when pulled, removing a pin from a track. when I push that pin back into a horizontial position, the pin is pushed back into the track. However, the pin doesn't often line up with the little 'car' that runs on the chain. So I cycle the garage door openner, and in the pulling operation, or pushing, it manages to force the 'car' back under the pin. Then I'm done.

This works for me, but I'm guessing we don't have the same type setup, and door.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

My Sears, bought about 3 years ago, works as follows. When you pull down on the release cord, it pulls the small plastic arm vertical and it then locks in the disengaged position. I think this is a good idea, as it prevents it from re-engaging if you need to open/close the door a few times. To re-engage, you pull the cord frontwards or backwards on an angle and then release it.

Reply to
trader4

Sounds like my "overhead door".

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

It would be easier to help you out if we knew what make and model your electric garage door opener happens to be...

Rich

Rich