electric dryer squeak

Hi,

My GE electric dryer squeals as it heats up. I have removed the drum and greased the "bearing" that supports the rear of the drum. This helped a little, but not much. The fact that it is a temperature-dependent squeal suggests to me that it should be this rear bearing. The front of the drum rides on plastic slides.

Anyone have any other ideas.

thanks in advance.

Bob

Reply to
robert rifkin

robert rifkin wrote

Greasing/oiling these things rarely solves a problem for long (if at all). If that is where the noise if coming from, the bearing (and probably the shaft as well) should be replaced.

Was there any signs of wear on them? If so, they should be replaced as well.

Squeaking/squealing sounds on dryers usually come from a worn drum shaft and bearing, worn drum slides or support rollers (whichever is used) or a worm idler pulley. If any of those things are causing the sound, they should be replaced rather than just 'lubbed'. JMO

"Fix it once and fix it right."

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

The belt tensioner pully. Replace pully and shaft assembly.

Reply to
warren weber

The one I had rode on two rollers in the back. The rollers aren't very expensive, but a shot of 10W30 motor oil on the axle shaft shoudl quiet them down for a while.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon