Electric caulk gun

Page 1 of 2

I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use up about a case of caulk or more.
Steve

How do I start a web browser and point it to google? Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like "electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old when I need him?
AZ Nomad wrote:

Perhaps the gentleman would like a recommendation from someone who has used such a tool on a regular basis? Reviews on the Web aren't always unbiased. Of course neither are people.
TDD

epinions.com sux big time. Sounds like the reviews were written by English majors, and ONE English major at that, they are all so synonymous.
That is why I come to newsgroups. There are still those who ask like my poor dead Daddy, "Why do you HAVE to do that?", but there are always a couple of BTDT posts that stand out as the roses among the weeds.
I WANT ONE before I go through a case of caulk. If anyone doesn't agree, cope! They're adults.
Steve

It's better to demonstrate that one has done minimal research. At the very least, learn the brands and popular models and features. Then you might be able to post something intelligent such as "my price range is..." "I see models have feature X, this one has Y, I'm a left handed psychopath missing three fingers and a foot, is that important?"
Here's some news: peoples needs differ and what might be ideal for one person might not be for others. Being told that a particular model costing ten thousand dollars is great could be avoided by simply learning the field and posting some requirements.
AZ Nomad wrote:

The term you are searching for is 'requirements definition'. That is something end users are seldom capable of creating without being led by the hand. Last time I visited my father, he and his business associate were discussing and complaining about one of the doctor's wives that could not make up her mind as to what she needed/wanted in the house design they were doing for her. I started laughing, and they stared at me until I explained that it was almost exactly the same situation I faced on a regular basis in the computer and software world. The customer wants SOMETHING, but they are rather fuzzy on exactly WHAT they want....
--
aem sends...

With consumer devices, it just a matter of doing a few searches, reading reviews and product pages getting acquainted with popular features.
aemeijers wrote:

I take it you are a programmer, I'm more into hardware and it's the same thing with a lot of customers, don't even get me started about VOIP.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Nope, not a programmer. Spent much of my career at the event horizon between programmers and end users, though. I spoke just enough geek to be dangerous, yet still had an understanding of real world operations out in the field. Since that duty got outsourced, they aren't real sure what to do with me.
--
aem sends...

aemeijers wrote:

You could transfer to India.
TDD

If you believe the reviews of products on the Internet, I have a bridge for sale. Meet me at the bridge at 2 PM, and bring two million dollars in small bills.
Steve

If you believe what any idiot on usenet says, I have a state to sell you.

This could be the makings of a country'n'western song.
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:31:02 -0500, AZ Nomad

One thing about a C&W song is you play it backwards. The first you get back is your dog.
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:39:43 -0800, "Steve B"

I don't have a brand and have never used one.
How many tubes in THIS case, 12?

You need a machine for 12 tubes of caulk! I used to go through that twice week sometimes, Does anybody even use a screwdriver or handsaw anymore. I still have handdrills, saws and even the unheard of screwdrivers. A quality caulk gun will be working 30 years from now.
ransley wrote:

Some of us use an electric screw driver because we injured our hand playing with ourselves.....
TDD

-- Here you go.
http://www.hisupplier.com/a-Cordless-Caulking-Gun /
==
DeWalt battery unit is very good. Probably not worth it for one case of caulk. I had/have an air driven unit which was/is actually slightly better, but the hassles of compressor and hose makes the battery unit the only one used anymore. Prazi also makes a drill driven unit that I considered: http://www.praziusa.com/drillmate.html
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

What are some needs for one of these powered caulk guns? Building cars and airplanes? Certainly not for home use. Say, caulking a new window or door, might take a tube and a half.
I can't see the need for me.