electric baseboard heater on a kneewall

I will be building a kneewall (below a 45 degree ceiling) which will have an electric baseboard heater installed on it.

What is the minimum height that the kneewall can be and still allow the heater to be installed at the base of it? [I want to make the kneewall as short as possible, but I do not want it to be so short that the 45degree ceiling drywall gets charred or catches fire...]

Reply to
jwill

No one had answered, so I looked in NEC book. Saw nothing about this except "correct spacing", which I would take to be manufacturer's instruction. By one with UL label, follow instructions, you're OK.

Reply to
TimS

Usually see heat strips under the window(s) on an outside wall. But I digress...

I don't think I've ever seen an electric baseboard heat with a warning "Install at least X" from ceiling."

Assuming the kneewall is at least 22" from floor to the begining of the roof pitch (so that any outlets installed in same kneewall are minimum 18" a.f.f. to center) should be enough clearance, though I've never seen such a short kneewall.

Remember NOT to install outlets above electric heat strips! (And you still have to maintain the 12' outlet spacing rule, minimum)

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Ck mfg .and Bldg codes. Remember it has to be inspected. and approved as a living space , with permit , or you can be shut down in the future. Ck mnfg of the unit

Reply to
m Ransley