Ebay LED 110 VAC light bulb

I'm tempted to order a few of these. My experience with LED bulbs is that they are focussed, so they shine a spot on the far wall instead of lighting the room. Equal to 15 watt light bulb, too. Might be good for something? Whole bunch of them screwed into a lighting strip, and pointed in various directions? Maybe for a night light for the dark hallway?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item60418062939
Ultra bright energy saving lamp, saving most energy than ordinary lamps and brightness equal to 15W-20W lamps ability.It's a real green bulb, soft light, no ultraviolet(UV) and infrared(IR) radiation.
Features: Standard snail mouth Direct alternative to the ordinary lamps, does not require any conversion Special energy saving Only 2W-3W power consumption, saving 90% electricity energy Ultra bright 42 LED bulbs, brightness equal to 15W-20W lamps ability Friendly to health No ultraviolet(UV) and infrared(IR) radiation Long service life The lamp of nomal usage lifetime is more than 30,000 hours Wide voltage range AC110-260V voltage range will work, fit for mostly countries in the world
Specification: Power : 3W Light source : Cool or warm white light LED Qty.: 42 pcs Working voltage : AC 100-260V interface : E27 spiral shell Crustaceous materials : ABS plastic Lifespan : more than 30,000 hours Dimension: 80mm(Height ) x 58mm(Diameter) Unit net weight: 40g Unit packing gross weight: 56g
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 12/14/2011 7:19 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I recall you were looking for some LED lights for your work van and I came across some very bright custom LED dome lights at Advance Auto Parts yesterday while we were installing a new router with T1 and G3 communications links. I was wandering the aisles waiting for tech support to call back and I saw all these LED light kits for cars and trucks. Many of them had "Try Me" buttons and the newer LED's are very bright. There were all kinds of different shapes with a lot of strips and light ropes with square multi LED dome lights that put out a very surprising amount of light.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
Your timing is good. I'll be in AAP/B some time in a day or two, on other matters. I'll ask about that. Thank you.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
✖
On Dec 14, 5:19 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Any time they don't list the exact number of lumens, run.
Add pictures here
✖

Not only that, but it did not say A19 base which is what our screw-in bulbs in the USA require. It says E27, which I have never heard of, so another thing to beware.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:34:27 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

E27 IS standard (medium) screw base for 240 volt, E26, technically, for 120 volt. In practice they are the same. Also used for 12 volt.. It means Edison 27mm. An E39 or E40 is a Mogul,E11 is Mini Candelebra, and E12 is Candelebra Many others as well.
As a matter of interest, ONLY the E26/E27 is affected by the incandescent lamp "ban" in the USA. All others are considered "specialty"
Add pictures here
✖

In addition, the "A 19" that's mentioned would apply only to the bulb envelope. Standard incandescent bulbs have a blown glass globe of arbitrary or "A" shape that's measured in 1/8 in. increments; so, the A19 is 19/8 or 2 3/8 inches at the largest diameter.
Tomsic
Add pictures here
✖

I've been told that if they are wide-range voltage units (like 84-240) they have switch mode power supplies in them, while single voltage units are either series string or capacitive power supplies. In many cases no half wave rectifier is used - the LEDs are their own rectifier - and 2 strings back to back use full wave.
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/14/2011 11:28 AM, mike wrote:

I go for lumens too but Stormin says 15-20 watt equivalent but, even on incandescents, lumens will vary. I remember long life incandescents putting out less light for the same wattage.
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/14/11 08:19 am, Stormin Mormon wrote:

<snip>
110V bulbs will have a significantly shortened life when operated on 120V.
Perce
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:51:50 -0800, "Bill"

You can find things that are NOT made in China??? What planet do you live on??
Add pictures here
✖
In that case, LED with out the little lens at the end, would make great room lights.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi, I got half dozen of them early last year. For an experiment I installed 3 outside, 3 inside.. Only one outside over our dog house is still working. Rest of them all quit. Did not last long at all.

Add pictures here
✖

I question the "friendly to health claim". Most white-light LED light sources generate blue light and then use a phosphor to convert some of that blue to other colors; but the light from even the warm-toned LED lamps contains substantial blue energy. That's OK during the daylight hours; but may not be healthy (affects sleep quality and circadian rhythms) during the evening or night time hours. There's lots of research on the subject dating back now more than 20 years, but the lighting folks seem to be ignoring it.
Tomsic
Add pictures here
✖
I missed the sale. Clicked on, tonight, and they are back to $5.98 plus .39 shipping. Well, guess I won't buy any, after all.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

What the hell is not made there.
Interesting price point. I would require color temperature before I buy anything, although I did buy one from a us location, ended up pretty blue.
I have bought from a few china direct companies. Normally the shipping is pretty cheap, but time varies.
So, the led does normally make a spot or small area pattern, but can be of benefit that way.
Greg
Add pictures here
✖

I spent a lot of time trying to converge several high power 5 watt LEDs. 45 watts total. It's stll in the back of my mind.
Greg
Add pictures here
✖