eBay Idiots

Page 1 of 2
Knucklehead trying to sell a broken main breaker for $40: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0679952227
"The handle is broken and is stuck in the on position, other than that it works fine"
On what planet does that constitute "works fine"? Apparently it never occurred to the seller that the breaker cannot be turned off, nor can it be reset if it trips.

It is as described.
How many 2 pole 20 amp main breakers have you seen? Might that be 200 amps?
And, he needs $15 shipping, too.......
Knucklehead trying to sell a broken main breaker for $40: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0679952227
"The handle is broken and is stuck in the on position, other than that it works fine"
On what planet does that constitute "works fine"? Apparently it never occurred to the seller that the breaker cannot be turned off, nor can it be reset if it trips.

Yes, it is 200 amps. The shipping charge is reasonable: that's a large, heavy breaker. The goofy part is that he's trying to sell a broken breaker.
Could be he does this for a living?
He's a broken breaker broker?
Moonlighting as a mason, he could be a bricker broken breaker broker.
Purchase the item, and you'd be a bricker broken breaker broker backer.

Yes, it is 200 amps. The shipping charge is reasonable: that's a large, heavy breaker. The goofy part is that he's trying to sell a broken breaker.

I buy all my air bags from the used auto parts market on eBay.
On Fri, 18 May 2012 16:08:28 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
Just curious. How are air bags shipped? Don't they contain some kind of explosive charge to make the bag inflate?

On Sat, 19 May 2012 06:09:12 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

"Joke" doesn't work well, since those who actually put in/take out airbags, or just know it's done all the time, consider buying/selling/using "used" airbag a common term. A lot of them are sold and shipped. Just means an undeployed airbag that came out of a used car. Here's the real answer for Caesar. http://reviews.ebay.com/Shipping-Automotive-Air-Bags?ugid 000000003739066
Bottom line is they're hazmat. But a lot of people don't know the laws and just put them in a box and ship them.
--
Vic

On Sat, 19 May 2012 11:57:35 -0500, Vic Smith

Thanks for the helpful answer. That's interesting and appears to be a less painful shipping process than I had imagined, given that the Feds set the regulations.

Vic Smith wrote:

At quite a bargain.
There's a shop around the corner from me that sells "used" tires. Actually, they get the tires from salvage yards where the vehicle has been totaled in a wreck. It's obvious from looking at their stock that the tires they sell have VERY few miles on them.

I bought some used tires once. Had them put on an old truck that I drove maybe once a month. No use in buying new tires for a truck that I only put a few thousand miles on in the 6 years I owned it. I did want tires on it that is safe to put on the road.
I have known some people in the past that bought new cars, took them to a tire dealer and had other new tires put on them. Those tires had less than 100 miles on them.
On Mon, 21 May 2012 18:18:34 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

That was a common practice way back, 50's and 60's. I remember my father bought a new '59 Chevy and had General Dual 90's put on it by the dealer.
On 5/17/2012 10:01 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

Based on some of the posts in this group it would be a treasure for some...

I have bought stuff on E bay knowing it wasnt working, and got some excellent deals parting out machines etc.
for machines I fix for my business

He probably stole it from an empty house.

http://toolhaus.org / look up negatives.

Not much point in that. Clearly, you didn't follow the link and look at the ad; otherwise, you would have seen this: Seller information Member id ddmj199871 ( Feedback Score Of 18) 100% Positive feedback
On Fri, 18 May 2012 01:30:46 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

You can't put negative feedback in anymore
Get a life, people.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

A seller can't enter negative feedback for a buyer, but a buyer can still enter negative feedback for a seller.