Easy Water...

Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it work? Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could work..Any thoughts???
P.T. Barnum enough said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%27s_a_sucker_born_every_minute
:-D
Evan

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:42:16 -0800, Evan Platt
and it is a sin to let a sucker keep his money
benick wrote:

You can take it from this retired research chemist, "BS."

As I thought..Thanks for the replies...

I find it stunningly amazing that you even had to ask. What the fuck did you think it could do? Magically remove minerals and other impurities into the wrapped wire to be dumped down the line cord? Make the impurities simply vanish? Turn into harmless foofoo powder?
AZ Nomad wrote:

There is much fraud out there packaged attractively to consumers. Authorities only go after those aggressively that cause people harm. The power of magnets to soften water, get better gas mileage or relieve pain is one of those. Most people are not technical people and it is good to ask before getting sucked into these schemes.

a fool and his money are soon parted

I Looked it up. It's a coil of wire put around a waterpipe. It's utter rubbish, reminiscent of automotive fuel magnets.
Hey !!! It works as good as those magnets I put on my gas line to keep that dirty gas out of my carburetor on my bicycle.
Jr
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974Tryke

Yeah, but do they work as good as a thousand dollar power cord? http://www.psaudio.com/ps/products/detail/xstream-premier-sc?cat bles
Or a $6000 power strip? http://www.decibelgarden.com/TARALABS-POWERCS.html