Dumb plumbing supply question...

What do you call the fitting that goes around water pipes to cover the huge holes left in cabinets for the plumbing?
Is there something I can buy to close these holes? Right now, I have socks stuffed in all of them, and it's not working. Not one opening in my house was closed and it's just a highway for bugs. I have a phobia about bugs, and really need some help. :)
Barbara
chicagofan wrote:

Called "wall flange" or "floor flange". Alternate name: "escutcheon".
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51-286-wall-floor-flanges.aspx
If you're really concerned about the bugs, caulk the hole before fitting the flange.
Jim

- If you're really concerned about the bugs, caulk the hole before fitting the flange.
If the holes really are "huge" (your word) it might be hard caulk them. You might want to try some low-expanding foam such as Great Stuff. Here's a video from www.dowgreatstuff.com:
http://tinyurl.com/3clk9d
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Thanks for the link to see what's available, and the name. I needed to be sure of that to discuss it with a plumber. I'd like to measure what I need and hopefully they will come with the supplies needed to do the job. I've had some surprises about what plumbers no longer carry on their trucks, etc., considering much simpler stuff.

This is a great idea! The holes are large enough the foam might be better. I'll stress that when I talk to someone and see which they think would be better. I've decided I probably couldn't handle it, because I'm old enough to have a problem gripping things, and of course all these places are hard to reach.
I want to thank all of you who responded, and I'm glad to see the sense of humor that is needed everywhere. I've always found this newsgroup to be one of the most useful that I read. Thanks again... :)
Barbara

Escutcheon. If the pipes are in already you'll need a splittable kind to go around, (the chrome ones go on before you solder the pipes by the plumber).
chicagofan wrote:

Think cat.
old license plate and tin snips.