Dual sump pumps-check valve?

Page 3 of 3
On 11/20/2011 7:10 AM, Joe J wrote:

here's what you are looking for:
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/450879-sump_pump_check_valve_with_reducer_boot.html#.Tslw7T1Cq0s
--
Steve Barker

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/450879-sump_pump_check_valve_with_reducer_boot.html#.Tslw7T1Cq0s
Exactly the type of valve I was talking about installing. $9 at Home Depot. After sorting through all the responses, I think I'll just go ahead and cut the pvc pipe on the backup and install one.

no one mentioned the obvious, sump pumps should never drain to a sewer. in heavy rains it can cause flooding not only of your basement but the sewer lines in the neighborhood and sewer plant..... too many such connections..... equals flood:(
having seen first hand sewer water gushing up out of a basement floor drain its no fun....
if the sump pumps check valve sticks open under heavy rain the sewer crud could fill and contaminate your interior french drain:( might require digging it up to replace it:(
everyone with a sump pump should check to see if theres ANY WAY to drain the sump to daylight! far too many people want to avoid digging and install a pump when just a drain line would work fine