DTV Conversion tv commericials on TV?

Am I the only one who is annoyed at those DTV conversion public service tv ads? They run often, about 7 times and hour no matter what is on the schedule. One time it covered up the wheel of fortune category and another time covered up the screen so much you couldn't read Jeopardy questions.

Are the local stations be paid like a lot of money to run these ads?

It's on all the local channels so that is 5 channels running these ads

7 times an hour?

Are people f****ng retarded and need to be reminded this often?

It is as though we're being prepared for nuclear war or some plaugue with no cure. What the hell?

In one hour I counted more than 12 minutes of DTV conversion ads and this was during programs, they do not dare run them during commercials though for money losses.

Dammit if things are like this then what would they do for something important?

I even saw a news story were retarded people have bought DTV converter and installed it only later finding out it's not needed if you have cable tv service. Do people just blindly buy shit mentioned on the news now?

I generally only buy things I want or need and not just because I saw the local anchorman tell me to buy something.

If I bought everything advertised on tv I'd have to spend close to $500K per year and discover I only liked or needed maybe 1% of the stuff.

This DTV over-doing-it-tv-commercial crap is causing me some great deal of anger. I was just curious if this is also getting on anyone else's nerves too?

I'm now tempted, like Elvis, to shoot my tv but I have to hold back and use self control.

DTV is coming, now you know and if you fail to get one it's your own fault, now that's all the warning you need retarded people.

Reply to
Robert Blass

Americans - they whine when they aren't given any details of something, and they whine when they get lots of details.

*sigh*
Reply to
Calab

converter

something, and

And in this case, we have someone watching Wheel of Fortune, calling others retarded. :-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 16:14:36 -0700, "Cheri" sayd the following:

How does watching game shows in any way make me as retarded as people who need to be told HOURLY to get a DTV converter which won't happen for several months and won't be needed by cable tv customers?

I guess if I was watching 'something else' then that would be less retarded.

Maybe one day you'll get a taste of the commercials covering up some tv show you are watching.

Reply to
Robert Blass

Are you one of the retarded people that needs to be told every hour? Have you ever met a person that needed to be told hourly about the DTV converter? In this case you're blaming the viewers, which includes yourself, for the nonsense of the people hawking the message every hour.

Probably not.

I seriously doubt that...since my TV go black and I will have no reception after February. LOL

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri
[snip]

I can remember watching a good show, when the bottom third of the screen was covered up by some irrelevant and distracting animation and the audio was hidden by a CREEEEK! BANG!! POP! PFFFFT!! CLANG! noise that had nothing to do with the current show.

If it's "Wheel of Fortune" it's better with the sound off.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Yah, Vanna isnt what she used to be either. .

coffee

Reply to
coffee

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 05:30:54 -0500, coffee sayd the following:

Of course I was using wheel of fortune or jeopardy just as an example of something that would be covered up when the long DTV conversion reminder would stay on the screen for 90 seconds more than 5 times in a 30 minute tv show.

Mine takes about the bottom, or top, 10% of the screen. It's on all 3 local channels even for cable users, no one is allowed to opt-out of these reminders.

Of course people say I am complaining while I remember people complaining all the time about weather alerts messing up some football game...Don't people know it's pretty common to die from natural causes because you didn't pay attention?

70-100 people die every year from lightening strikes because they acted retarded and planned some outdoor activity without first checking the weather. I guess some people think thunderstorms are LESS dangerous than something else they do?

oh well... just a few more months of this PSA hell. I also have 'election results' to look forward to....you know reminding you of who won over and over and over.

will show the winner and % breakdowns, no need for stupid local channels for election results, OR NEWS for that matter.

Our local newspapers print stories I read 2-3 days ago, it's no longer news to me.

Ok, I PROMISE I won't bring this PSA topic up again.

I can see that it was very off topic and for that I apologize to everyone here.

Reply to
Robert Blass