Drywall Question

We just purchased a house and the walls are mostly textured with a VERY heavy spray-on texture. However, some repairs and modifications were made and the mudding was not done very well. One particular area is a small wall about 16" wide that is about 1/2 texture and 1/2 flat. It is painted with semi-gloss. Can I just use a setting type mud directly on the paint or do I need to sand that area down first? Thanks.

-- Mike D.

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

Reply to
Mike Dobony

No need to sand. Just skim coat the entire wall with all purpose drywall compound. It will take only minutes and produce a flat, even surface to either paint or texture.

Reply to
user