Drywall finishing for new wall

Recently added a new wall to the house to separate the dinning & formal Living areas. We would rarely use a formal LR and I need a home office, so there you go.
Pictures can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11558691@N03 /
I have already started receiving bids for this project from local subs in the DFW area (and welcome any bids via this post if you are in the area). Just curious what people on here would think a good bid would be. I was told I should expect a great bid at $300 and most being $400-600.

Whover you get make sure they agree to put up a dust barrier and stuff the local ductwork, that's worth an extra few bucks. This just entails duct taping some plastic sheeting ceiling and floor to contain the dust to each room or better yet portion of room.
hobbzilla wrote:

Whoever you get, make sure they don't skimp on materials, like you did on the screws.

A local finisher would stand in the center of the room with the texture gun and just spin for about 2 seconds and then charge several hundred $ for the job. What texture? General rule of thumb is to throw out the low bid and anybody very close to it.
Mike DO.

Dear lord, how many screws does one need to hold up an 8 foot sheet of drywall ?!?! I think I put like 36 or so per board....
Anyway, I finally got a decent bid and the job completed to my satisfaction for $300. The entire job took a total of 4 hours or so and two days to complete due to the fact I expressed my desire NOT to use a super-fast drying joint compound due to the cracking that can occur. I was really suprised on the variance of the bids I received. My highest bid for this tape/bed & texture job was $850. Yes that is right. over $200/hour for drywall work. I may need to quit my job and do drywall if people actually get work with bids like that...