Dryer won't heat

I have a Whirlpool LGQ8857 JQ0 dryer that is not heating. The drum will run like normal, but the burner isn't firing (I do hear a sound that sounds like it is trying to light, but it fails). This started out as an intermittent problem 2 days ago, but it's seeming to be permanent now. About 6 months ago, I replaced the 196 thermal fuse (blue to red wire), but I don't remember the problem being intermittent that time.
Any suggestions?