dryer motor

Page 2 of 2
Jerry Trumball wrote:

It's likely time to replace the whole cord set, they don't cost all that much.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Apparently the trouble was where the the wire was soldered (?) to the brass (?) spade in the plug. Cutting up that thick rubber plug was tough enough that I didn't finish the autopsy.
The noise came from the blower's plastic impeller. It turned silently with the power off sounded as if it were out of balance when the motor came on. Clamping it a mm closer to the end of the shaft made it smoother. I don't understand why.