Driveway road mirror (request ideas for a cheap workable mirror)

Your Jest? Posting a pic to a text group is not easy. That was just a joke. Right?

Norton and Thevenin equivalent circuit?
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, try to baffle them with bullshit. Or Pig Latin.

Metspitzer wrote:

If you have something to say, do by all means state it, if you can possibly manage to muster the necessary intestinal fortitude.

Yes, they're really rather fundamental circuit analysis techniques and concepts students are introduced to (and are expected to easily master) in a first year electrical circuits class. From your approach. my guess would be that you're, at best, possibly a vocationally trained electrician and have never in the past even so much as heard of either, as I can't imagine any competent person familiar with them posing such an otherwise brain dead pretense.

Your proposing such rudiments to be bullshit only serves to expose you as the incompetent you clearly must be, and your bullshit allusion, sans actual brilliant content (or any germane content whatsoever), certainly hasn't attained its desired goal in successfully leading to any confusion. But the truest form of bullshit pretension was in fact Evan's attempt to once again lecture and display his electrical "knowledge and insight" in his suggest to me, which, along with other truncated comments, you've so conveniently, intentionally, purposefully and cravenly snipped.

Is that an attempt to indicate that you too (or should that be two) were totally flummoxed by that which wouldn't start to bewilder a retarded 10 year old in a hurry, i.e., the ROT13? Or might it have been the legal principle of res ipsa loquitur you mistook for "Pig Latin"? You're evidently quite easily confused, particularly by "that there book learnin'", or so you've provided every indication. Should it have been your intention to serve as Evan's either "savior to the rescue", or simply his surrogate, it is my considered opinion that you too have failed most miserably and have accomplished nothing more than joining him in the ranks of complete and utter embarrassments.
But don't let me stop you, do continue to keep digging that hole.

Other than using the fancy latin legal phraseology you have yet to explain what duty of care exists as far as anything in this thread OR how this unexplained phenomena speaks anything let alone about itself in a legally sufficient way for a lawsuit to be won or lost...
Let's look at the situation being discussed here:
OP installs the "mirror" and an accident occurs --
The existence of the mirror itself means that the OP was aware of and took action to mitigate some deficiency of design or installation of the driveway... The fact that the mirror itself exists creates an increased duty of care on the part of the OP because he has been aware of some danger so when an accident eventually occurs he will face a much greater burden to overcome in proving it wasn't his fault...
OP cuts down all the brush to improve visibility --
The trimming of the bushes by themselves proves nothing, it is just as reasonable an assertion to make that the brush was trimmed and/or removed to allow for a wider path in the driveway, to reduce the chance that brush overhanging the driveway would scratch the OP's vehicles... Increasing the visibility is only one reasonable explanation for explaining the fact that the brush was cut down...
A mirror can only be used to increase visibility -- cutting bushes/brush away can have many numerous causalities...
So do you want to fit your fancy words to the case at point counselor or do you want to espouse more of your bullshit and pig latin non-sense ?
~~ Evan
Evan wrote:

Let's not, as none of my comments, nor any of those either you or KW (hopefully the abbreviation won't also confuse you) have objected to heretofore, had the slightest thing to do with anything other than the posting of a picture, although, given your laughably indefensible rebuttals, I can readily understand your desperate desire for obfuscation and misdirection.

I'm not a counselor, in the legal sense you imply, I'm an engineer.

You've not come REMOTELY close to describing ANYTHING I've penned as either bullshit, pig latin or nonsense. You should be embarrassed, and would be, had you the capacity to be.
PS The reason for the truncated earlier osts is due to the servers complaint and restriction of "too many quoted lines".

Really? Explain what value bringing up Norton and Thevenin equivalent circuit has added to the conversation?
Wait! I know. Nothing.

Metspitzer wrote:

Not only was it clearly implicit, it was later explained in painful detail to you already, so I'm quite sure any additional spoonfed instruction is certain to also strike nothing save more dead brain cells and would accordingly continue to only serve to mimic your own "contributions" as a complete waste of time and bandwidth.

With the simple, astute deletion of a single element of punctuation, I've fixed it for you and clarified its truth.

** SNIFF **
Troll... Definitely troll...
Evan wrote:

You're a good driver, definitely a good driver.
But here, one final time, is an analogous approach to the reasoning for my N&TEC cite, although also unlikely, you just might be capable of understanding, given that you haven't been able to grasp the patently obvious presented to you umpteen times already:
In this scenario we have an umpire (me) calling the base runner out at 3rd while the height challenged, one-eyed, bespectacled, mental patient sitting at the rear of the far right field stands, directly behind a roof post (you) screams at the top of his lungs that the 3rd baseman missed the tag (with apologies to Uecker).
I'll waste not another nanosecond either reading or responding to your inane posts or replies anywhere on usenet.

AWWWWWWW....
Why should I care about what a troll with all of 14 posts on UseNet thinks... Go hide back under a bridge, or better yet emerge with a new persona/identity in a few days on another group like you trolls tend to do...
You added NOTHING to this topic discussion...
Hoping that you choose to find something useful to do with yourself that doesn't involve the internet...
~~ Evan
Evan wrote:

Sorry, but I agree with Hoof on this. He had you two dead-to-rights on every point, in my opinion.

Ah, an engineer...
Let's give you something to ponder and study then:
Is it more difficult to design a system to extract your head from your own ass, or a system to remove the keyboard from your computer which I am more than sure I am not the only one here which would gladly insert into the aforementioned orifice for you...
The only thing you have done is use latin legal phrases totally out of context to make your Engineering brain seem more educated than the other people here...
It isn't and you have yet to explain how your use of the phrase has any bearing on anything said here thus far... Perhaps in addition to being an intelligent Engineer, you have also lost touch with reality, hence your need to speak in tongues and your flawed perceptions and interpretations of what is being said...
Either that or you are just a stupid f***ing troll...
My vote is for troll...
~~ Evan
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 01:06:37 -0800, Evan wrote:

I agree I did not fully describe the situation. This is my fault. I fully understand why people who were trying to help me were suggesting alternative solutions (such as backing out).
It's still dark outside but I'll snap a picture or two in the daylight and post them so you can see the situation!
Thanks!
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 13:30:39 -0800, Evan wrote:

Based on the input for the guard rail idea, I'm gonna give up on putting a strip on the guard rail.
As people said: a) Cost too much to do it with permits b) Risk too high of unintended consequences (e.g., blind other drivers) c) It will get 'filthicated' at that low level d) The town will remove it if they see it
So, I give up on the guardrail idea. :)
The only thing left (other than making a turnout) is the standard convex mirror ...

If you pull your car in the driveway backwards off the road upon approach when you can see all the traffic, then when you are pulling out you can look both ways easily...
Those mirror things don't work out the best... It is better in the long term to remove any obstacles in the name of safety than it is to try and look around them...
~~ Evan
On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:43:31 -0800, Evan wrote:

This gravel driveway is a couple hundred feet long, curved, hilly, and unlit. I doubt backing up will be feasible in the long run.

Agreed. But, that would be a major multiple-thousands-of-dollars construction project, and the land isn't all mine so it would require agreement from neighbors and permits.
I think a $25 mirror is simpler - and cheaper (if/when I find it).

Then prepare an area at the end of your driveway near your house on your land so you can turn vehicles around at the end of the driveway near the house...
You think that it will be any easier to get permission from the landowner on the opposite side of the road to attack the mirror, which could be removed by the landowner or the DOT. at any time..
~~ Evan
Chuck Banshee wrote:

A couple of hundred feet long? Can you clear a wide spot somewhere along it to make a turn-around?
On 1/25/2012 7:59 PM, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

What am I missing here? Did he ever say he backs his car onto the road? You think he is backing up his gravel driveway around unlit curves and hills for a couple hundred feet every time he leaves? No turn around spot at the house? Nothing he said gave me that impression, did I miss a post or two? He said the problem was pulling out, not in.

You are missing what everyone is missing... An incomplete story filled in piece by piece with each of the OP's replies after the general consensus of the replies in the thread poo-poo'ed his proposed solution...
On 1/26/2012 4:08 AM, Evan wrote:

He has been pointed the direction of a parabolic mirror, a good suggestion, I've seen them hundreds of times used for this purpose.