Driveway Floods

Need some advise with my driveway flooding when there is heavy pour of rain. The roadside gulley blocks which causes the rain water to flow into my driveway. My driveway slops down which means its very easy for the water to flow in. I've installed a drain that goes across my house and collects the water which then goes into two rain gulleys (one which is directed to the main rain gulley on the road, the other that is directly to the sewage) when the roadside gully is blocked the rain gulley is blocked as well but the gulley linked to the sewage gets blocks on top with leafs etc which stops it collecting any water. My driveway is bricked so there is no way it can suck the water down to the earth (bad design by myself because I put a plastic underneath). I've got a picture showing the blockage.
I've spoken to the water company and they said the pipes are bigger enough to take the water but due to heavy rain they can't do anything. So the only solution I can think is to raise my driveway and also make sure the water on the driveway can sink to the earth. I was first think of putting a ramp which is about 15 cm high (similar to ramps which are at schools) which would stop the water entering my property, this would test the flood. If it worked then I could raise my driveway so the ramp would not be obvious. What do you think?
BuddyLove snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

envision what you are saying. Post the picture. The plastic under the brick, although not the best choice, probably has little to do with the problem. If water is standing on or in the driveway, it can't sink through the plastic but you need a way for it to drain off and not collect on the driveway.

Thanks for the reply, how do I add a picture, I am using Google Groups to access this newsgroup.
Buddy wrote:

the free photo sites, and post the link back here.
-- aem sends...

Post the pic on http://tinypic.com. It will give you a link. Post that link.
BuddyLove snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Had same geometry in TN on hillside.
Regrade the driveway to make a lower-than-the-garage-floor location to prevent the water running down the drive flowing into the garage. It needs to be able to then drain to one or both sides around the house and have enough drop so the water doesn't run up the other side if solid. Even better is to include a waterway across it covered w/ (removable) grate say 6-8" wide.
Something like...
road surface . . . .------- garage slab . . | | ---
BuddyLove snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Dig a trench across your driveway, line it with brick and put a grate over the trench. you could also dig a pit, put a sump pump in it and blow it back across the road. Then maybe they will fix the road drainage.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8