dried clothes? Help

How long were the clothes sitting in that damp state? That black stuff may be mold.

RicodJour

The black stuff is soot from a poor fuel/air ratio when you ran out of propane. Keep the tank filled and it will never happen again. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Yesterday, my dryer ran out of propane. I was drying a load of laundry and didn't realise the gas had run out. When I checked the clothes, they were damp-ish but they were covered in what looked like blackish residue... some sort of dark black stuff. The lint filter which is cleaned after every use, had black lint which did not come from the light colored clothes.

I re-washed my clothes twice and then pretty successfully dried them. Most of the black stuff came off although one shirt still has the black marks on it and I had to use some bleach type detergent which isn't the best for some of the clothes I was drying.

My question is this...what happened? How did something dark sooty looking come into my dryer, which is only about 4 years old? Did it come from the bottom of the propane tank? I want to avoid it ever happening, of course in the future.

Any help will be so greatly appreciated.Thanks.

with aloha, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

snipped.......

No it was just about an hour. I put them in the dryer and went to get them after an hour. Something somehow got into the dryer and I have no clue.

BTW We put in a new propane and the problem is not happening today but I never want it to happen again.

aloha, Thunder. smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

Thats called SOOT.

When you ran low, and the pressure dropped, you started to soot, and this got into your clothes and dryer.

Ought to see a furnace thats been run low on pane and ran til it quit...

Reply to
webmaster

Correct. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

which

quit...

Thank you to you and Greg for your answers! Of course we don't have furnaces in Hawaii:) but it did look like soot.

So if we don't the propane get down to the end, we ought to be okay - right?.

Thanks very much.

with aloha from South Kona, Hawaii, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

Oh..SURE ya do...:) You just never use them. LOL

Correct, and I would also want to make sure that the orifice was changed out to LPG and not still a NG one....just to be on the safe side.

Reply to
webmaster

Thank you Greg.

with aloha, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

changed out

Well we do not have natural gas either:) so thank you, but we only do have LPG.

Thanks to everyone for all the information. Sure do appreciate have you to turn to when we have questions.