Dremel/mototool "bits"

Page 3 of 3
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:45:38 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks for the info. I learned something new. I have never dealt with palm trees since they dont grow up here in the north. Apparently their wood is very porous. Is there any use for that wood? For lumber or firewood?
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:28:48 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Not really.
On 2/15/2016 7:55 PM, Don Y wrote:

You should be able to find better quality bits at almost any hardware supplier. HF bits are typically low quality.
Bill
On 2/16/2016 7:04 AM, Bill Gill wrote:

Yes, but most "stores" sell either individual bits (at an ooutrageous price) *or* "864 piece kits" (with 863 of them being little bits of sandpaper!).
I was hoping to find a *kit* of metal bits similar to what I posted (above URLs) -- in a better price than the $6/each (bit!) by way of being part of a larger "collection" (yet better quality than the HF stuff)
On 2/16/2016 7:32 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

These appear to be "abrasive" (as in "gritty"). I was hoping for something more along the lines of: <
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/940/215/579/579215940_461.jpg
I want to be able to aggressively remove material -- within the constraints of the dinky abilities of such a tool.
In the past, I've used this to: - "route" channels for wires between dimensioned lumber and drywall - reshape a weep hole in the bottom (metal) pan of swamp cooler - shape PVC parts to specific contours - remove high spots on (installed!) aluminum and copper flashing etc.
I.e., places where "fineness of finish" isn't as important as "(re)moving a lot in a little time"
Don Y posted for all of us...

These are burrs or cutters. Made to be used in a router. I doubt a Dremel has enough HP to do the job.
--
Tekkie