"Dream Home" laminate flooring

Page 2 of 2
Mike S. wrote:

The Pergo and similar laminates with the aluminum oxide finish coat is extremely durable stuff. We have it in our living room and it shows no wear after two years. I thought the original poster was asking about the snap-together tiles that have thin stone (3/16") bonded to a backer board. I doubt any of those would pass your can-o-peas test.
One couple installed the black granite-faced laminate in their kitchen. After they finished and spent a few minutes admiring their beautiful new floor, they rolled the refrigerator back in (the kind with built-in rollers) and it cracked every tile they passed over. Lowes refunded their money.
Mike is right... it is VERY hard to keep it looking clean.....and EVERY bit of dust or dirt shows!!
More so than real hardwood, or than tile?
If so, any thoughts as to why?

Tile installation? Off the top of my head I'd say to check the www.diynet.com page. With tile its best to not lay down to much cement at one time. Lay the tile down dry first to determine how the pattern works out. Try to avoid a lot of thin cuts along the edges. In some circumstances its good to start in the center and work out to the edges.
On 5 Dec 2005 06:18:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Here is my experience with laminate flooring:
http://www.asberry.net/brand_names.htm
About midway down the page.