Drain jetter for homeowner use

I have a drain that I need to jet twice a year. It's expensive to have a plumber come out ($120 or so), so I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and buy a jetter myself. Anyone know of a good model that's cheap enough to make sense for me to buy?

Jetting removes solids from the line, not roots. Might be time to find the cause and fix it.
I had a plumber run a camera down the line. No roots. Just seems to be a defective install that plugs up periodically due to being connected to the disposal and washing machine. Since the troubled section is under the house or about 8 feet of ground, fixing it is an expensive proposition.

you know of and can recommend?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Why does it need to be serviced twice a year? That sounds like a problem that should be fixed, not cleaned twice a year.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

you know of and can recommend?

http://tinyurl.com/b92a5 There is also available at most big box stores as well as plumbing supply shops an expandable ball (in various sizes) which screws on the end of a garden hose. You run it down the drain and turn on the water. The ball fills, then pulses empty and refills, sending succeeding jets down the pipe. Will it work for you. I have no idea. I used one once, years ago. It worked wll.
The pulsating drain thing works pretty well for my problem drain line, but the blockage comes back within a short time. Once it stops up and I clear it with one of these things, I have to do it every couple of weeks after that. I eventually get tired of that and just get the drain jetted to solve the problem for a few months. I highly recommend it for more routine problems, though. Just make sure you can either get it past any other drains or vents, or find a way to plug them. In my case, I have a washing machine drain line that I have to put a threaded cap on, or the pulsating jet's water just gushes out of it.

ahead and buy a jetter myself. Anyone know of a good model that's cheap enough to make sense for me to buy?<
Car washer with adapter for cleaning pipes.
Washer http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberG761
Adapter http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber9817
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You can buy hoses and nozzles for a pressure washer, that allow it to be used as a jetter. "http://pressurewasherstore.com/sewer.html "