Drain in garage

I have a under house garage heated that I want to put a sump type drain in so I can wash my car in the winter.
I need to saw the concrete floor a square about 3ft x 3ft in the center of garage floor, and a section 3 inch x 6ft on each side of the 3x3 ft center, this area is at or near the door to the rear of the garage, there's a good slope so drainage won't be a problem to the sump. The concrete is 3 1/2 inches thick.
Has any one used a concrete saw thats similiar to a chain saw, with a concrete blade in it?
Do they cut pretty fast?
Thanks
Tom
...................... | | _________| |_________ |_________ sump _________| | drain | |.....................|

Drains inside garages are illegal. It's an oil thing...

Where did you get this information!! It may be against code in SOME areas. I see drains in home garages often. Greg

everybody realized what oil running into the soil could do. When this garage was built by my father, we were still dumping the used engine oil on the drive to keep the dust down.
I am going to dispose of the water outside the house.
Tom

Concrete cutters tend to be very heavy so they don't cut as fast as i would like. But handheld ones work okay for their purpose. Most have a system keeping the blade wet as you are cutting, because the friction will burn up the blade otherwise.
When cutting concrete make many cuts and make the first "blocks" to be removed kinda smallish in size for when it comes to removing the concrete, ususally it will adhere in place from the substrate beneath it becoming wet from cutting and it can be a veritable bitch to remove the first piece. Start in a place where you can place a lever "large crow or pry-bar" in the middle so you can push the most pieces as possible aside and open up the gap wide enough to get leverage underneath the concrete. OR you could make a 3-4 cuts side by side and bust it up to get leverage underneath, your call.
-c.

-snip possibly bad idea of putting a drain in your attached garage-

Never used one, but for about $35 USD, and a bit of dust, I'd recommend a 7" diamond blade from your nearest home center.
I bought three last summer to cut some landscape blocks & pavers. The landscape blocks were 6x12 & I cut a dozen or so 2" deep on both sides, then broke them. Then I trimmed pavers. I was putting a circle inside a square with one serpentine edge, so I got to cut a few hundred pavers.
Then last week I decided to put a french drain on one wall in my basement. The floor down there was only about 2-3 thick, but the same blade that did all of this summer's cutting, cut through another 40" of concrete & is still showing no sign of wear.
I bought 3 of the $35 blades because my last experience cutting concrete was many years ago on another wall of the same basement. I was using those fiber disks & went through one every few feet. Looks like these three diamond blades will last me a few years.
The downside is that they are *very* dusty when used dry. When I was outside cutting blocks & pavers I set my shop-vac up to blow the dust away from me. In the basement I duct-taped the vac hose [on 'suck'] to my saw. The basement was much less dusty because it was damp and the vacuum got what little dust was produced.
Jim

circular saw and several concrete-cutting blades ($2 each). A diamond saw can be used. Wear a tight-fitting dust mask (Dustfoe 66 is $30 and works well). Cutting concrete takes patience and is messy. If you try to go too fast or too deep of a cut at a time, you'll burn out a saw.