Doug, Mice don't like raisins!

A month ago an unnamed frequent poster recommended raisins over peanut butter for mouse traps.
Well, mice don't like raisins. Immediately prior to the posting I caught 6 mice in 8 traps in a week with peanut butter. I put out new traps with raisins. Three weeks later I caught 1 mouse. There were mouse droppings right by the raisin baited traps, so there were plenty of mice to catch.
You can be sure I rebaited with pb.

It works better if the raisins are fresh...
--
Regards,

Conversation by the mice looking at the trap.
Mouse #1: "Hey I like penut butter, but for some reason I'm not interested in this."
Mouse #2: "That's because there is a big turd on it."
Mouse walk off.
;)
Toller wrote:

I have been having good luck with the raisins. PB might be better, but my little bastards got good at licking it all off.
I have a few spots where the 'cheese pedal' traps work great!.
I have one opening to the outside I haven't bothered to plug, I just leave a cheese pedal trap to each side, ...
Dave

6
droppings
I had my best luck with chunks of hard salami wedged firmly into the traps. I was working in my garage once and got 3 in about 5 minutes on 2 traps. While I was re-setting the first, the second went snap, and the first trap got its' second mouse (on the same bait) shortly thereafter.
Bob
On 27 Nov 2006 14:00:58 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Tie a short piece of cotton string to the trigger. It absorbs the smell of the PB & the greedy buggers try to take it with them.
Jim