doorstop

I have a metal door and the doorstop is attached to it with screws. The screws keep loosening. I would like to screw the door stop to a small piece of wood (plywood, whatever) and then glue and screw that piece of wood to the door. What kind of screws would I use to attach it to the door? It is just the common doorstop with the little leg you kick down to keep the door open. Thanks. P

Since you are going into metal, a sheet metal screw is best. Get them long enough to pass through the plywood, but not so long as to go through the back of the door. Alternately, use the next size up sheet metal screw and skip the wood.

door wobbled out? I fixed a door sweep with bad screws.
In that case I used pop-rivets, worked great.

Have you used Lock Tight on the screws?
Freckles
On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 10:26:10 -0700, patt wrote:

pop-nuts in the door and then loctite the machine screws.
You may be able to drill through the entire door. Then, use long machine screws with nylon stop nuts and washers on the other side.
The other suggestions are good. Next size up, or use pop rivets.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus