door swings shut

I have a bathroom door right next to the guest room. One of my guests suggested I oil it, since it squeaked. Now the door slowly swings half way shut, which is a real pain for anybody usin the sink who want the door open. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?
Thanks,
C R N
Remove one hinge pin. Place hinge pin on concrete, a steel pad, or a piece of hardwood. Smack the side of the pin at about mid point until it is visibly bent. Reinstall the pin. There will be additional tension on the hinge that will make the door stay put. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Think for a moment about the hatch on the deck if a boat. A hatch will close by itself if less than half way open.
What is going on with your bathroom door, is that it is hung out of plumb. Adjust the door to plumb and it will stay where ever you leave it.
--

Roger Shoaf