door lock

The lock has a key to open it from the exterior and a thumbturn to lock it from the interior. Isn't the thumbturn supposed to be at the twelve oclock position (straight up and down) when unlocked and in the across position when locked? This one is the opposite of that. How do you change it around so the thumbturn is in the proper position. Patt
Your door is upside down.
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:36:48 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

No, no, no. He's supposed to stand on his head.
90 degrees. Have to lay on your side. Don't you know that?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Patt wrote:

The first thing I'd try is removing the two screws on the inside knob's bezel, pulling the knob assembly off and seeing if you can rotate the thumbturn 90 degrees while the knob is off and still permit the knob slide back into place again.
That worked on my front door lock when I installed it and found the turnbutton position didn't "bar the door" when it should.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Rotate the door 90 degrees.
Nick
All the Kwikset I've worked on are up and down for locked. Not sure it's changable. Some of the cheap taiwan deadbolts, you can remove the two screws in the back, turn the knob quarter turn and put it all back together.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.