Door hard to open

The front door on my house is hard to open. So is the door to the garage. How does one go about fixing that? If I wanted to pay someone, what type of person would it be? Carpenter I assume!?
Thanks,
dnoyeB

I would go with a handyman, but then, I'm prejudiced, since I am one.
Whomever you go with, be sure to get references.
dnoyeB wrote:

Hard to "get started open" or hard throughout its full swing?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Need more details, is it a wooden door? Do you see any rubbing points, if so where? Weather stripping binding?
later,
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com