Donating to NYC

Page 4 of 6
Gunner wrote:

Knife? He's a spork with only one tine.
You know, that has artistic flair. I like it!
Now, do something with flashlights.

Knife? He's a spork with only one tine.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Another lame shot in the dark...
I'm not in the dark. I've got night flashlights.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Another lame shot in the dark...
Stormin Mormon wrote:

So, none work during the day? How sad!
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 19:40:45 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Most of the sheeples do. The ones at the store are.
Winston_Smith wrote:

So, you don't keep any food at home? That figures. I open the boxes & put it into airtight containers the day I bring it home. I keep six or seven types on hand, depending on what I can find.
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 21:37:11 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Same here.
The 99c stores are a decent place for such containers btw. You will simply have to hit a few to find what you want.
A lot of the "jars" one finds at Sams Club etc that hold candy, peanuts and whatnot..the tall ones..work pretty well for spagettie and longer pasta. I tend to give my jars a shot of Argon from the welding shop before closing them up. Stuff lasts for years.
Gunner
-- "
Gunner wrote:

I buy the big containers of spices from Sam's Club and save them for pasta, cereal and other bulk food. You never know when you'll need a gallon of dried onions, black pepper or chili powder. :)
If you eat a gallon of onions, I refuse to kiss you.
I buy the big containers of spices from Sam's Club and save them for pasta, cereal and other bulk food. You never know when you'll need a gallon of dried onions, black pepper or chili powder. :)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That won't happen, unless you're a pretty blue eyed blonde female.
This is last year's dehydrated onion eating champ: http://tinyurl.com/alj9e4x
Pucker up!
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That won't happen, unless you're a pretty blue eyed blonde female.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Silly rabbit! I use them in soup, chili and sauces.
in alt.survival the following:

    Well, of course, Argon is a Noble Gas. SO of course the gas will last.
    Oh, what? You meant the other stuff in the jar? "Never mind!"
tschus pyotr
p.s. I find myself in Costoc, etc, looking at the square jars and thinking "I want that jar, but I don't like peanut-butter stuffed pretzels - not that much."
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake

I have the same problem. It would be nice if one could find the maker of the jars and buy some.
Gunner

-- "
Gunner wrote:

I've seen some at K-mart, but they were the same price as ones full of food at Sam's Club.
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 12:35:20 -0800, Gunner wrote:

Google PEET or PETE jars at food preservation stores - Honeyville for one. The problem is they come with plain plastic lids. There is an extra cost lid that has a seal and claims to be equal to glass canning jars - but no one in the world has them in stock or seems to be able to get them.
I mean nobody. I spent a day googling for them since I like the idea of "meals in a jar" and the plastic is a lot lighter than glass for stocking a trailer. I found a manufacturer, in China, that will sell the jars by the 100 thousand lot but they don't have sealing lids either.
The PETE claims to not transmit oxygen, so the only weak spot is the lack of an available lid seal.
Be aware, there are also concerns in some quarters about the material leeching cancerous agents but I'd think that's more of an issue with wet contents than dry pack.
Also be aware they are at least double the price of glass for a given volume. Either it's a ripoff at storage stores or the material in packaged products is not the stuff that blocks oxygen.
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 21:37:11 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

God, you do love to misconstrue, don't you? I have in depth food storage, put up properly for long term storage, thank you.
That's beside the point. My comments referred to the people that were in the storms path. The average Joe does not do as you and I so the idea that their pasta is dry packed is just plain silly. I doubt you are actually so stupid as to misunderstand that, so I'll just say troll on my good man.
Winston_Smith wrote:

So, no one in New England knows the proper way to store food? Glad to know that.
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:48:56 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

What a trolling fool you are proving to be. Most people don't know that. Many of the people in the storm area consider themselves lucky to HAVE a box of pasta. Certainly some know how to pack food but most either don't know or haven't done it.
You have a knack for going from the general to the specific and back to the general if it fits your silly games.
By the way, we are all glad to learn New Jersey and New York City are in New England. Must have been a hell of a tidal push.