Dogwood tree root depth

Can anybody tell me what the characteristic root depth for a Dogwood tree is ?
If this is the incorrect NG to use, perhaps somebody can suggest a proper NG.
Reason why I am asking this question is that I just had two overflow pits located and stack pipes installed on each one. The guy did not want to put any chemicals in the overflow pit that is close to the Dogwood tree. The overflow pit is at least five feet below grade.
Thanks.

6 feet
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:01:40 -0400, "Charles Schuler"

<aspasia> wrote in message

http://www.ca.uky.edu/HLA/Dunwell/KHC/NurseryUpdate36_2005.html
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:28:40 -0400, "Charles Schuler"

thin air. (Ducks to avoid retaliatory blow...<g>)

Hey, don't duck ... I also have been known to ask for some credibility. Usenet demands that, from time to time.
Remain a skeptic, as that will help protect you.
Charles Schuler wrote:

I didn't see anything on that page that referenced root depth in feet. The article was on depth of soil coverage above the first root flare - typically measured as a few inches. Interesting reading, though.
Try rec.gardening

GOOD HE DOESNT WANT TO KILL YOUR TREE!
When FULL the overflow can saturate all the way to the surface, chemicals will kill your tree, dogwoods are beautiful but sensitive. avoid herbecides under your tree too.
my neighbor had her yard chem lawned for weeds it killed her dogwood.
Yes, that was the reason given by the guy; fear of killing the Dogwood.