Does Old Dish Network Hardware Have Value?

We bought a rental house that had two Dish receivers and a dish for the roof. We used them for awhile but now we are about to throw them away, does anyone know if these have value to anyone, or maybe Dish Networks?

Not really. If you do a search on eBay, unless they are the Tivo-like of HiDef receivers, they go for about 30 or 40 bucks at the most. The problem is, they practically GIVE them away when you sign up for the service (you know the deals where you get a dish a 4 receivers when you sign up for one year).
You could TRY selling them on eBay. Do a search on the model you have and see what they are going for......
I checked out Ebay when I took down my Dish Network hardware too. I finally just set it out on the curb, with the manuals, on clean up week. I think it was there for 5 minutes! I think the cards are worth more than the equipment! Greg

the
away,
problem
(you
one
and
That's kind of what I was thinking. Ok thanks for the info Greg and Red N.

did you already get rid of it? ill give you 4000$ for it and pay shipping...
randy
I don't know about the Dish stuff, but our DirecTV equipment (dish, 3 receivers, and installation) was free after mail-in rebates, so the old stuff has little or no real value.
Perce
On 12/05/04 09:30 pm John Smith tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

There are people out there that may want the dish itself. I have a buddy that made a adjustable bracket for his camper so all he has to do is bring one of his receivers from home when he goes out on the road.

It depends on what model the receiver is, some have a chip that can be tweaked to get all the channels illegally and they go for $$$$ on eBay two coworkers of mine each sold their units on eBay and each got around $275 (these are not the type with the recorder built in) others without that specific chip are as good as junk, for the reasons that others have stated

Email me the model numbers, I may have a use for them. While they give away equipment to new subs, any existing sub (like me) that needs a new receiver generally get screwed.
Use the dish antenna as a Wok. Or you can use it as a bbq grill too, sometimes its a good omlet maker as well.

Sell them on ebay for wireless networking junkies - they make great antennas for point-to-point links - I'd snatch them up for the right price! :)
Mark

Dishplayers have high value. Check the model numebr, and then see what they go for on eBay.
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:49:58 -0500, "Mark Holbrook"

What is the diameter of the dish? I am looking for one at least 2 ft. in dia for a project.
George

Recycle the dish into a birdbath..help your feathered friends.