Does anyone remember

these people, who used to post here?
1. The person who operates the repair clinic. What was their name? I have to admit, I miss their posts. I did buy from them and highly recommend them.
2. Gary Slusser for softeners? Just ordered & received a softener from him. Gosh what a knowledgeable guy! Again, another one who I miss their posts, although he posts in his forums. Highly recommended, saved me about a grand.
3. Speedy Jim. What happened to him, does anyone see him posting elsewhere?
4. Tom something or other. I believe this guy was an engineer.
5. Arty the tile guy. What a hoot! Although some have other names for him.
6. Joseph Meehan (?) from Columbus Oh.... I think that was his last name.
I see Rico & Ed are still around. That alt.building construction is kinda lonely over there. What happened to Lyle & Matt? I know the one person passed away who used to post over there, can't remember his name.
It's been some years since I visited this place. Not much in the way of flames now! LOL

1. Jeff I think. appliance clinic dot com ?
5. him I recall. haven't seen him in a long while.
6. Yep. same as 5
You forgot Turtle the HVAC guy. He was a hoot and I've not seen him for a year or two.
Colbyt
I really miss Turtle. From what I remember, he fell off a ladder, and did some brain damage. Very sad, he's one of the few oldies who really knew his trade.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Yes, Jeff! Thanks

Oh Turtle! Gosh, that's too sad, what Stormy said.

I tripped over a post of his during a search and spent some time being lol amused (and informed) by others.
Dude was classic; "This is Turtle"...
I fervently hope the report of his misfortune is inaccurate. -----
- gpsman

I tripped over a post of his during a search and spent some time being lol amused (and informed) by others.
Dude was classic; "This is Turtle"...
I fervently hope the report of his misfortune is inaccurate. -----
- gpsman
Yeah, and he was usually spot on with what he said.
Given the age of many regular posters here, anything could happen and we'd never know.

There used to be many experts from various fields here. Then the 'flamers' came aboard and most of the pros left. The advice you got here was invaluable.
What? Speak up, sonny?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Colbyt wrote:

I was missing Turtle the other day...he's a gem. Lived in Louisiana?

Joe was a good guy, and usually had some good advice to give.

Lyle just disappeared pretty suddenly. He took a lot of abuse, some of it good natured, and he was the most rapid anti-spam newsgroup cop I ever ran across. Kind of "colorful", but I'm sure he did good work and the people that hired him were happy they did.
I haven't seen Matt Whiting posting in a long while. He's probably, hopefully, off flying his plane.
The guy that passed away was Bob Morrison. He was the most knowledgeable and practical structural engineer I've ever encountered. Many times I was sorry he was on the wrong coast. I would have loved to work with him. His posts were gems, he had a good sense of humor and was always a gentleman. He's missed.

I enjoyed alt.building.construction, but it's withered away. Same with alt.architecture. There was a nasty flame war over there and it turned people off so much they just left. Remember Joe Barta? He was another a.b.c. regular, then he just kind of switched to rec.woodworking, took some abuse (over what I'm not really sure as I wasn't a frequenter of that group at that time) and he disappeared.
Time marches on, eh?
RicodJour wrote:

Especially on Usenet. Five years there is about like a human generation.
--

dadiOH

Time marches on, eh?
R ************************************ You bet it does, Rick. It is said that by the third generation we are remembered by nobody. It's as if we never existed.

My great grand parents were dead when I was born. That may be why I can't remember them.
Is that Speedy Jim the VW guy ???
Jerry
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair