Does a capital ship sinking actually SUCK a swimmer down to drown?

Page 4 of 4
On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 10:52:08 -0500, Phil Hobbs

lift anything around it. Have you ever seen a pneumatic dredge pipe work? Your sailor is also supposed to be wearing a type 1 PFD that adds a lot of buoyancy.
Per Bob F:

Long, long ago and far, far away part of my misspent youth involved surfing fairly large waves.
My experience was that the best thing to do while you're in the white stuff underwater is to relax as completely as possible to conserve air and swim for the surface only after the white stuff has passed - because there just is not enough buoyancy or purchase in the white stuff.
--
Pete Cresswell