Does a Bedroom require a Bed to be called a Bedroom?

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:17:38 -0400, Ralph Mowery

That refers to the law about legally inhabitable bedrooms. But the law doesn't decide what a bedroom is, only what a legally inhabitable bedroom is.
On 09/02/2016 10:52 PM, Micky wrote:

A legally inhabitable bedroom isn't a bedroom :-)

The code only talks about sleeping rooms and it is only enforceable in new construction and rental space
On 8/31/16 12:45 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Seems to me you've got waaaay too much time on your hands;-)
--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law
On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 1:46:37 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

It doesn't matter now but it did formerly.
Originally Arc Fault breakers were only required in bedrooms. So it would have been very important to know if a room was a bedroom versus a den, office, or parlor.
Now I think code requires AFCI in all those locations.

That was simply driven by what was written on the plan. If it was called a bedroom it needed AFCI. This was pretty much enforced by the tax collector. If the house was built with "3 bedrooms", that was what showed on the tax records and the tax record is what the real estate agent will use on the listing. (Zillow etc)

Pretty much anywhere these days
On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 1:46:37 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Why do you think that they provide a roll of wrapping paper?
"Pavel314" And "taking a shit" is really false wording. No

So that we can wrap 'it' up and take 'it' home? heh heh ... ;>)
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 00:45:05 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Some ladies' rooms have a separate anteroom with couches and upholstered chairs, and I've always assumed the word restroom started with them. Like at Auditorium Theatre in Chicago. And maybe the Senator Theatre in Baltimore, which if I'm right would have had one for the men too. Auditorium Theatre is the only place where I saw the ladies room. The explanation is complicated.
On Fri, 02 Sep 2016 23:49:25 -0400, Micky

If a man goes into a "Ladies Room", he immediately grows breasts and his penis falls off a few hours later. Now we all know and have proof what happened to you! :)
On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 12:00:36 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I've used the "Men's Room" a few times. What physiological changes should I expect?
Cindy Hamilton
On Sun, 4 Sep 2016 09:29:53 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

I think the joke is "I am growing hair on my chest" "How far down is it growing" "All the way to my dick and that is something else I want to talk about"

Heh heh, a new one for me...
--
Tekkie

On 31/08/16 12:45, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote: