Do you ever ............ ?

Page 4 of 5

Wife has had basal, sqaumous, and melanoma. Thankfully found on time
On 1/3/2014 12:17 PM, SteveB wrote:

Nasty "C" word! What is stage 3? I've had 3 on my face, one of them a recurrence on my cheek about a year after the first was removed. That was about 30 or more years ago. My father-in-law had many of them, thanks to using a sun lamp for years....his went too far! He always talked about feeling "movement" as being the sign that he had another, so when I felt "movement", like a bug on my skin, I got to the doc quickly. None of mine left scars that show now.
My daughter had a nasty injury about a year and a half ago, compound fracture of her nose, with a deep gash across the bridge of her nose. Her plastic surgeon was doing a fellowship in nasal reconstruction; did a great job. He moved to Texas when he finished.
On 01/02/2014 01:17 PM, SteveB wrote:

Get up and eat something or get in the shop and use that energy to work on your project(s). It's also a good indication that you need more exercise during the day.
Jon

I'm sure you could find something here to take your mind off what ever bothers you.
http://www.femalecompanions.com/female-escorts/
On 1/2/2014 4:34 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

At one time you could find them on Craigslist pretty cheap. ^_^
TDD
On 1/2/2014 4:17 PM, SteveB wrote:

What's on the deadline list? On the HoneyDo list?

Anxiety? Hyperthyroid? This is only at night? Can it be sleep apnea? On Rx meds, alcohol, caffeine? Weight, and BP in normal range? Weight loss or gain? I won't add distant possibilities, as you have enough on your mind, for sure. I've seen panic attacks, up close and personal, described as fear that the person feels they might be dying....nothing wrong with going to an ER if that kind of stuff is going on. I have had one panic attack myself, during a time stress was maxing out (very little of my life has been stress-free, and that must be very similar to being dead.)...it hit suddenly, and I really couldn't move. I was crying and calling for help; fortunately, in hind sight, nobody saw me :o)
Also nothing wrong with calling doc and trying to move up appointment; not too many offices take on urgent issues; just want to send you to the Er.
On 1/2/2014 4:17 PM, SteveB wrote:

Could be many reasons from diet to bad rituals/habits.
Certain foods (fatty foods) can cause insomnia and/or restless sleep along with inconsistent eating habits.
Irregular bedtime hours.
Smoking before bedtime.
Lack of exercise.
emitting lights such as a night light.
Raised body temperature/bed too warm.
Medication.
Watching tv prior to bed.
These are some issues which could result in what you are experiencing.
I don't believe in taking meds unless it's the LAST RESORT.
If you don't exercise, try stretching muscles throughout the day and prior to bed. It helps the body relax and avoid the restless leg syndrome. If you don't exercise, I suggest starting, even if mild. Studies indicate even mild exercise aids in sound sleep.
Meditation can also help release the anxiety. Learning to relax and focus on non-stressful scenarios will eliminate the marathon running mind.
Sometimes there just isn't anything one can do to avoid a restless night. That's when it may be time for a pill or serious shot of tequila. But be ready for a slight hangover.
Overall, I have great success with meditation and exercising. Keeping the body and mind in shape allows me great sleep.
SteveB wrote:

Are you taking any medications before bedtime?
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 1/2/2014 5:02 PM, willshak wrote:

I take six on rising, and eight at bedtime. As directed by the doctor.
Steve

And proud of it.

If I had a Dr like his, I would spend more time with my undertaker.
I get this way from STRESS:( tends to occur in winter. Docs tell me I have seasonal effective disorder.
In the past a visit to warm sunny area like florida or the caribean helps....
sunny warm with lots of activity....
I become very non productive and just want to crawl into bed, with blanket over my head.
Wierdly I think I have always been this way, but its getting worse as I get older i am 57 this month
On 1/2/2014 7:09 PM, bob haller wrote:

My gray, cloudy neighborhood used to bother me a whole lot more than now....Now, I really look forward to whatever the changing weather brings. Darn cold, windy, about 8" of snow on the ground and I actually enjoy going out to shovel snow....I think part of the enjoyment is knowing most people of my age can't do it any more. When the snow is gone, I'll be checking the koi pond for baby bullfrogs and starting plants for the garden.
Buy a couple of orchid plants, christmas cactus, or potted azaleas. Learn to care for them...they bloom in winter and might brighten your day. Always good to have something to look forward to.
As for Florida, the sun, warmth and geography are wonderful; the freaking human inhabitants spoil it.

I just got my first orchid plant to re-bloom, the second one is on it's way. Christmas Cactus we've had for years, they bloom all winter, they're great.
But Azaleas? Do they need a lot of light? How often do they bloom?
--
Dan Espen

On 1/2/2014 10:54 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

I've never tried azaleas indoors, but my mom did. Mom could keep any plant alive and flourishing. Her azaleas were small, in pots, normally in shaded west window. In fall, they went to the cold vestibule of her apartment building, along with the Christmas cactus, for about a month. I think she brought them back into the apartment around first of December....as with many other things, I wish I had written it down :o)
When I bought my first orchid, I really did not expect it to survive, but I had sunny windows to use. Now I have six, all looking great. Ice cubes every other day. I should have repotted them in December, but now I'll wait until they are done blooming. Made the mistake of leaving one in a plastic pot and almost drowned it....full of water for who knows how long ;o(
I picked up an odd looking plant last year at the garden center, having no idea what it was. Leaves resemble staghorn fern, but are smoothe, shiny and lighter green. It was massively rootbound, so I put it in a larger pot. Only in the last month, with new leaves coming up, could I tell it is actually a fern.
On 1/2/2014 7:09 PM, bob haller wrote:

in winter. Docs tell me I have seasonal effective disorder.

florida or the caribean helps....

crawl into bed, with blanket over my head.

but its getting worse as I get older i am 57 this month

I was out driving today, and the snow and hard pack snow was stress. Came home to take a nap.
Wow, 57, that's grampa age.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

call the doctors office for an emergency appt or call your insurance plans advice nurse
On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:14:34 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Maybe Obama had his policy cancelled and he is S.O.L. thanks you ignorant leftys.
P.S.: When I use spell check and it gets to "Obama" and I hit "Ignore" I just wish it could really be that easy.

one in sixteen people are leftys, one in six are college graduates, so the only ignorance I see here is

it is, but righties never figure it out
On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 22:09:26 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

I thought you were at least smart enough to know "leftys" is one of many disparaging terms for far left Democrats. Having said that, I apologize for giving you more credit than you deserve.
Are you going to finish your sentence, that for the first time in quite a while, appears to have FACTS? Or did the facts make your head feel like it was going to explode?