Do flush mount 220v outlets require a special box?

All the surface mount 220v outlets have a unique box. I have never seen a box sold for surface mounting a 220v 50A outlet for a range.
I'm going to run a 220 line to install an electric slide-in range and I thought a flush mount would ensure that there is room behind the stove.
Can I use a standard deep box for re-work?
Craig Toth wrote:

IMS you will find that the fifty ampere outlet will only fit in a double gang box. So you gang two deep old work boxes together to get the room that the outlet requires. You may need the use of a 1&3/8" hole saw or a 3/4" knock out die to make a KO large enough for the clamp for that size cable. -- Tom H
Just get a deep double box with 3/4" KOs. The receptacle will fit using the corner holes in the mounting plate