DIY Trencher with 32" (max) wheel base??

I have a narrow access to my back yard. The mounted gate (blocks wall) would allow me a 32" opening. If I take the gate off I would " maybe gain a couple inches at most.
Is there such a machine for the DIY person that is narrow enough. I mean I see larger trenchers, but any for the DIY guy? I'm just not familiar with one maybe this small.
Forget the shovel; aka, drag line, back hoe, leaning post, et. al.
Thanks. -- Oren
Oren wrote:

<snip>
Did you call a tool rental place and ask? That would be the first place to go. Tell them what you need and they can recommend something to do the job. HTH
Joe
Oren wrote:

<snip>
Did you call a tool rental place and ask? That would be the first place to go. Tell them what you need and they can recommend something to do the job. HTH
Joe

Don't have a mom and pop rental here, but we got LARGE.
Do you know of a narrow wheel based trencher? -- Oren

Are you doing sprinklers? Do you need trencher, or will a plow do? If a plow would work for you, then the Ditch Witch 255sx is what you need for the job. It is small enough to fit through your gate, but has lots of power. It rips through tree roots like a hot knife through butter. I just used one last week on my sprinkler system project. What a sweetie of a machine!! I put in over 1000 feet of line in one day with it.
Check the bigger rental places, they ought to have whatever you would need.
Good Luck!!
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:11:47 -0500, "J.A. Michel"

Actually, I need to put in irrigation, low voltage and "maybe" : a gas line (all separate) ...I'm limited, so the 255sx you mention is too wide. I did find the 1030 on the link. Thanks.
http://www.ditchwitch.com/dwcom/Product/ProductView/100
I'll find rental one, I hope <grin>.
Thanks for the comments. -- Oren
Oren wrote:

Want weird? I was looking for "ditch witch" on Ebay and found this gizmo. It's a compressed air digging tool. You can't get much narrower than, oh, six inches.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ditch-Witch-Soil-Saber-sonic-high-pressure-air-digger_W0QQitemZ190035845865QQihZ009QQcategoryZ61574QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting: air velocity 2 mach. -- Oren