Dishwasher suggestion

I'd like to replace a dishwasher and am looking for suggestions for a no frills unit. All I'd like are:
- Integral water heater - Ability to accept (some) solid food waste - ON/OFF control. We don't seem to use any other options on this dishwasher. - Drying with forced (fan) heated air - Quiet - Reliability
We have another dishwasher that is used for china and crystal, etc. so the one we're replacing is the work horse, pots, pans, and other (expendable) daily stuff.
Thanks, Boden
Boden wrote:

Hmmm, You wash crystal(real crystal) and china(gold trimmed collectible vintage) in a washer? What brand/model is it? I wish I could have a washer safe enough for that task.

well our bosch, the most unreliable appliance we ever owned died at 3 years old...... and 4 failures over that time:(
replaced it with a whirpool that had 4 control board failures but now appears fine
however the whirlpool wash is anemic in comparison to the bosch......
i kinda wish we had bought bosch again with a long term warranty
On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:06:30 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

<whistles past graveyard>
I'm coming up to six trouble-free years with my Bosch. Very quiet and energy and water efficient, plus the cleaning performance is outstanding.
Friends of mine have an old RCA dishwasher that continues to soldier on. Guzzles water and electricity like there's no tomorrow and sounds like a succession of Studebakers being sucked through a jet engine but it still works and they have no itention of replacing it until it dies.
Cheers, Paul
Tony Hwang wrote:

Pretty much all dishwashers are perfectly safe for crystal and china, it's the normal dishwasher detergents that are not.
Tony Hwang wrote:

The key here is to not use a conventional dishwasher detergent. That will destroy crystal. Since this machine sees pretty clean (well rinsed) surfaces anyway, 2 to 3 ml per load of sodium dodecyl sulfate is all we use.
Boden

There are so many out there. GE, Kitchen Aid, or Whirlpool are the first that come to my mind.

I'd go with Kitchen Aid or Whirlpool. Our KA has been flawless for four years now and the last one was about 20 years.