Discount Appliance dealers?

My 45" Jennair cooktop is 32 years old and looks a bit tired. A new one from Sears costs $ 1300 plus shipping. I was shocked at the high price because it is really only the shell of the cooktop. Maybe I am out of touch with appliance prices. Does anyone know of any discount outlets for things like cook tops? I am looking for a Jenn-Air model JED 8345.

Thanks for any input.

Walter

Reply to
Walter E.

AJ Madison for whatever reason returns a competitively priced selection but you're right. The cost of affixing four, six (or eight? 45" really?) to a piece of steel does not compute to the manufacturing cost. Even doubling the cost from wholesale to retail....

Mine was off ebay. It wasn't half the cost of retail and I happened to find someone that was willing to make their loss my gain.

You can try craigs list too.

Now go look at Vik> My 45" Jennair cooktop is 32 years old and looks a bit tired. A new one

Reply to
ng_reader

Three places I've bought from

For big stuff, the freight often is a deal killer, but for others, you can still save a bundle. Sometimes the best deal is the store down the street. Sears is the last place I'd buy.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

+1

I found a brand new Kitchenaid double oven on Ebay for less than half what it would cost retail, ie $1300 vs $2800. The unit was a floor model, but never used. I was a bit concerned about whether it had a warranty or not, so I also bought a SquareTrade warranty, think it was 3 years for ~$70. Unit was perfect and 3 years later, still working fine.

But you do need to have some experience on Ebay and know what you're doing.

Reply to
trader_4

Ballwin, MO

bought kitchenaid frdige, ?? washer dryer

about 60% of big box stores and forget HD Lowes etc

free shipping, no tax, always reach a person, just like walking in, but didn't have to go there.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Reply to
Walter E.

well, not the whole kitchen. 45" threw me off. You can go smaller, and just fill in the gaps on either side. but sears direct offered a "reconditioned" one for $700.

I like Sears and don't like most retailers. You could order it to the store, return it as not needed, then go back the next day when they have it on the floor greatly marked down in price. err, you might want to choose a shill for some of those visits to sears...

luck

Reply to
ng_reader