dirt and tree question

Here you go....

DerbyDad03

It looked fine. That's t he big reason my mother was suspicious.

Now that this is on my mind, I'm going to have to keep my eye out for tree people (old tree people who might go back to those days) and asking them.) who might know if this was a common remedy. Even if it doesn't do anything. After all, there were lots of doctors who used bleeding and leeches etc. .who were sincerely trying to help even if those things don't.

Reply to
micky

Wait a second Oren!. I just noticed your answer to the OP in this thread:

&Note fungus daNote fungus danger zone: & &Oaks prefer to drain water away. Keeping the trunk soaked (flower bed) &from frequent water is not good for the tree. Oaks I'm familiar with &prefer good drainage, even allowed to dry out near the crown of the &trunk. Some oaks have roots above ground also.Many oaks do best in &sandy soil. & &

I thought this was also an answer to my post, and then I saw that the same person, you, had replied to my post. Maybe there were signs of too much water that my mother and I didnt' notice, or maybe not but the gardener had seen such signs in another tree not too far way.

Maybe he was overdoing it -- it didn't have to be that deep -- but this was 1956 and maybe he was thinking too much is safer than too little.

I know this post is late. I would have emailed you too but I see your address. ;-)

Very interesting.

Reply to
micky