dirt and tree question

Page 2 of 2
On 2/19/2013 9:36 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

That setup might interfere with nutrients/water getting to the roots. Some trees have shallow root systems and I think they would be more bothered.

I think that's a valid point. I would think most of the nutrients are in the upper part of the soil. After you go down 18" or 2ft I wonder how much there is?

Here you go....
http://www.forestryimages.org/images/768x512/1361174.jpg