Direct Buy

I've signed up for the high pressure sales pitch next week but after reading some negative comments on some websites I may blow it off.
However, I know unhappy customers are far more likely to post in the internet, so now I seek balance.
Does anyone have any comments positive or negative about this buying group. Any happy customers out there?

The fact that it was a high pressure sales pitch should tell you all you need to know. I've read some reports on this forum:
http://ownerbuilderbook.com/forum /
which were mostly negative. You can look there if you can figure out how to search and stand the very slow web server.
WE had the high pressure sales pitch too. My wife and I had made a decision to look into Direct buy, we called them then they returned my call. I was given a choice of two dates in which to show up for a tour of the facility. The woman then asked if we had children, I affirmed this and was told that they prefer NOT to have children along with the tour. Then she decided to offer me to get a babysitter for the evening. She offered our inlaws I said they live in another state and overseas, she then asked about friends, we just moved here been here a whole two months. I don't trust anyone I've know for two months with my child. THats when I got curious and did more checking, I found out the mebership price 4500.00 I them called back to cancel, I was then given another date I declined and was asked why, PRICE I said, "Well, how did you find out our price?" I said I did some investigating I found out a price of 3500.00 She asked weel what price have you heard. Then she sadi well that was last years price this years is )(*$(*^#$, WHAT???? NEVERMIND CLICK
Searcher
Longer story shortened
No ! It's a scam ! RUN ! Seriously, this is pure BS. Don't even go. Yes it's $4,000 or so and NO you cannot make that up through better deals on stuff.
On 8 May 2006 18:30:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I was offered a membership in one of those things. I got suspicious because they were selling only lifetime memberships and wouldn't let you find out anything until AFTER joining. They also offered a free camera, but didn't actually provide it.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com