dimmer switch - _hot_ screws

It does not sound like a problem. 400-500W on a 600W dimmer would result in warm operation. You could consider going for a higher rated dimmer if you like, but you will find that it will also get warm. If I had to replace the dimmer, I would go for a more heavy duty one.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Phil Munro

Experiment: Swap the "hot" dimmer with one of the other "cold" dimmers. Inspect the wiring while you're at it for obvious loose/bad connection. If the "hot" dimmer's now cold and the "cold" dimmer's now hot, it's possibly the load. If the "hot" dimmer's still hot, it's possibly a bad switch, replace it.

Reply to
Luke