digging a drainage ditch

I'm digging a drainage ditch. Should I use the special spade which cuts a 4" ditch? Rent something at the tool store (gas powered)? thanks

Reply to
herr owen

I suppose that would all depend on how wide and deep you want your ditch. Last I heard there were no rules on drainage ditch digging.

Reply to
TexasFireGuy

Tie a plow on the back of a pickup truck and run it through a few times if it is long...... if a small area, just use a electric or gas powered lawn edger and have it on a 45 degree angle to make a cut on each side of the ditch and the earth should be easy to move out....... hope this helps]

Reply to
jim